Colorado Mountain College is holding information meetings about its bachelor’s and associate degrees in nursing, in time to register for the spring semester. The Bachelor of Science in nursing application deadline is Nov. 15, and classes begin Jan. 12. The associate degree application deadline is Feb. 1 for a fall 2015 start.
The Bachelor of Science in nursing for registered nurses, also known as the RN to BSN, currently has 29 students enrolled for the fall semester. To enroll in the program, students must already have earned their associate degree or diploma in nursing and hold an RN license in the state of Colorado, in addition to other requirements.
The program is based at Colorado Mountain College locations in Glenwood Springs-Spring Valley and Breckenridge. However, since the program involves mostly online learning requiring only occasional visits to the college’s campuses, working nurses throughout CMC’s service area and beyond may enroll.
Additionally, the college offers a two-year Associate of Applied Science in nursing, which qualifies graduates to eligible to become a licensed registered nurse.
Information sessions about both nursing degree programs will be held at several Colorado Mountain College locations:
Bachelor of Science in nursing information meeting:
- Oct. 8, 4 p.m., Colorado Mountain College in Glenwood Springs, Glenwood Center, 1402 Blake Ave., Room 310
Associate of Applied Science in nursing information meetings:
- Oct. 13, 5:30 p.m., Colorado Mountain College in Breckenridge, 107 Denison Placer Road, Eileen and Paul Finkel Auditorium
- Oct. 15, noon, Colorado Mountain College in Glenwood Springs-Spring Valley, 3000 County Road 114, Calaway Building, Room 127
- Nov. 4, noon, Colorado Mountain College in Dillon, 333 Fiedler Ave., Room 203
- Nov. 5, 4 p.m., Colorado Mountain College in Glenwood Springs, Glenwood Center, 1402 Blake Ave., Senior Center
For more information, go to http://coloradomtn.edu/programs/nursing/or call 800-621-8559.